Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Spreads

Christmastime is heeeere
happiness and cheeeeer....

and lots and lots of sweets and treats and goodies!

Holy hannah, I can picture the Christmas party spread already. I'm not here to preach in this post...I'm actually here to tell you to give yourself a break!

When I was thinking about my goals for this holiday season I realized that pretty much anything more than a 5 lb. weight loss (through the whole season) is unrealistic. I decided that come January I would be more than happy to just weigh the same. I don't want to feel like a failure throughout the holidays...you shouldn't either! It's okay to enjoy those Christmas goodies (heavens knows I will).

The last thing I want to worry about right now is my weight. I want to enjoy time with family and friends. I want to focus on the reason for the season. I want to forget all about my weight struggle.

I'm telling you to enjoy yourself.

I'm not telling you to eat whatever you want. You should still be mindful of what you're putting in your mouth...just don't let it rule over all you do this season. We can make it through this holiday season by focusing on the fun stuff.

If you find yourself struggling at a Christmas spread: change the scenery. Go to another room. Buy a stress ball. Brush your teeth. Chew some gum. There are things you can do to survive. Make it happen...and don't beat yourself up if you don't!


As always, comment, repin, +1, share, tweet, etc. to share these great tips with others!




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment