Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I've Learned

So, I took a hiatus...obviously. I didn't realize how many people actually look at and depend on this blog. I got an earful this weekend. =)

I learned a few things while taking a break from bettering myself and I'm going to share them with you in hopes that you won't do what I did.

Lesson #1. Junk food tastes good, healthy food tastes better. 
Yes, you read that right. I found myself severely missing my good ole' healthy foods. I have eaten so much junk in the past few weeks that I wasn't feeling well at all. Honestly, I found myself craving a salad after eating pizza pretty much daily...yup, and we all know how much I love pizza!

Lesson #2. Eating poorly makes you feel awful.
True statement. I wasn't feeling up to anything. I felt lethargic and lazy. My body didn't have the sustenance it needed to get through the day. Yesterday I ate three bagels and bagel bites. Yes, you read that right. My husband and I drove home from Michigan and I slept pretty much the entire way. I was exhausted. Part of that was emotional exhaustion, but the majority of that was sucky eating exhaustion. Absolutely ridiculous.

Lesson #3. Lack of exercise makes you tired. 
I thought I felt tired after exercise...wrong-o. Exercise energizes my body and helps jump-start my day. Honestly, I've been doing lots of Netflix-ing as of late and I don't like it. Run jump dance skip walk...move. Get out there and do it and you'll feel better. You only ever regret not exercising.

Lesson #4. Others count on your successes.
This is a lesson I learned over the weekend. I had people come up to me and ask why I haven't been blogging. Well, folks, it's because I haven't been succeeding. I've been pretty much derailed and it's painful to admit it. Here's the deal, I'm back with a vengeance. I'm out to lose..weight, that is. You have no idea how much impact your personal journey has on others! Keep doing what you're doing and lose the weight. You make a difference in other people's lives even if you don't realize it.

Lesson #5. Don't use emotions as an excuse to eat poorly.
My grandma passed away this weekend. I used that as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I didn't care at all. I'm well aware that I'm an emotional eater, yet I continue to eat poorly when my emotions get the best of me. Don't let that happen to you! Rather than eating the house down when something comes up,  go for an extra long run or go out and do something! Lesson learned, Allie, lesson learned. =)

Lesson #6. A bite here and a bite there really do add up. 
I've been working in a day care and every day during snack time I took a sample. This is bad...very bad. I'd wind up forgetting what I'd inhaled everyday and, lo and behold, I was gaining weight again. Samples equal points, people...I know better than anyone. So, when you're making that dessert for your church potluck, don't lick the bowl and expect it to disappear into thin air.

Lesson #7. Don't do it again. 
I've learned my lesson. I've been feeling awful the past month. I admit that I've tried several times to get back on track, but my heart just wasn't in it. Guess what? It is now. Holiday season is breathing down my neck and I've gotta get myself prepared for that awful beastie. You should too! Seriously.

I love you guys and I'm so thankful that all you beautiful people read my blog. I hope and pray that it is helpful for you! If, like me, you've been derailed, I wish you the best of luck in getting back on track with me. =)

As always, comment, repin, +1, share, tweet, etc. to share these great tips with others!


Pin It Now!

1 comment: